The University of Wisconsin Botany Garden Greenhouse welcomes visitors to participate in educational tours. Here are some important steps to a meaningful facility visit. See below to fill out the request form for a guided tour of our lovely greenhouses.
If you do not want a guided tour, please come anytime during our opening hours M-F 8am to 4pm.
Please take these facility rules seriously:
- Look at the plants, but do not touch them.
- Move carefully in the greenhouses.
- Stay on the walkways.
- Keep doors closed.
- Please stress the importance of these facility rules to students and chaperones before the visit.
If your class has special requirements, please contact us in advance of your visit.
- One adult chaperone should accompany every 3 students who are between 2 and 10 years of age.
- One adult chaperone should accompany every 5 students who are between 10 and 12 years of age.
- Greenhouse tours start at the main entrance of Birge Hall (Botany Department) on Lincoln Drive. The building is wheelchair accessible.
- Parking is generally available in the public ramps at Lake or Francis streets. For more information, please check Campus Map and Visitor Guide.
- Please note that the greenhouse is a working, teaching and research facility. As such, some hazards such as wet floors, hard bench edges, and spiny or poisonous plants may be present.
- Teachers/chaperones are responsible for the behavior of their children/students.